Author Topic: United strong crosswind landing at Oklahoma City, good video view.  (Read 8366 times)

Offline pinsb

While there's no audio with this (unless someone can find some).......it's worth looking at.

edit...My bad, I originally listed this as Continental rather then United.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:43:17 AM by pinsb »

Offline GeoffSM1

Re: United strong crosswind landing at Oklahoma City, good video view.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:44:43 PM »
Good link to the video but no info to help track the atc!?

Offline pinsb

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:00:09 AM by pinsb »

Offline GeoffSM1

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 05:18:04 PM »
A quick check reveals that Oklahoma (KOKC) is not currently covered by the LiveATC feeds.
In any case, it is extremely unlikely that there would have been anything worth listening to.
Unless there was a go-around (which it seems there wasn't in this case), there wouldn't have been any transmissions from or to the aircraft during the difficult landing stage.

Offline cageordie

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 12:14:55 PM »
The only remarkable things about this are the hype and the changing camera angle. This is taken from an aircraft crossing the end of the runway behind the landing aircraft. So what is hyped up as drift is a pretty ordinary cross wind landing. If the wind were really that strong it would be outside of spec for the CRJ and it would be landing somewhere else.

This reminds me of the 787 marketing video that used an airborne observer and a long lens to try and make it look like the 787 was climbing vertically. Which reminds me of the Carl Sagan book The Demon Haunted World. Why do people want to believe lies and misrepresentations?