Author Topic: Continental Pilot Tells “Boston John” To Speak English!!  (Read 90576 times)

Offline binky

Re: Continental Pilot Tells “Boston John” To Speak English!!
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 11:59:25 PM »
That stuff gets tired pretty quick when he says it to every aircraft trying to sound cute and funny.  I say good for the pilot to tell him what he thinks about it.  I would have liked to hear the pilot of the Air Canada flight put out a jab to the controller trying to sing "Oh Canada" at them too.  Having a sense of humor is one thing and so is being professional on the air.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:02:34 AM by binky »

Offline Check Airman

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 12:17:26 AM »
That stuff gets tired pretty quick when he says it to every aircraft trying to sound cute and funny.  I say good for the pilot to tell him what he thinks about it.  I would have liked to hear the pilot of the Air Canada flight put out a jab to the controller trying to sing "Oh Canada" at them too.  Having a sense of humor is one thing and so is being professional on the air.

Give me a slightly cheery ATCO over one that's dull and "professional" any day. I find that the ATCO generally sets the mood of the frequency, and a happy controller has made me smile on many a bad day. Who says that you can't be cheery and professional anyway. i certainly consider him professional sounding.

Offline Pearson

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 12:37:21 AM »
I would have liked to hear the pilot of the Air Canada flight put out a jab to the controller trying to sing "Oh Canada" at them too.

The mere fact that an American knows even three notes of our anthem is astounding; we're certainly not going to complain.

Offline bon

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 09:20:43 PM »

i work in cork airport(ireland), a lot of my work involves being out on the airfield and having a cheerfull controller can brighten up a bad day.. dat pilot needs to get a life
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 07:58:30 AM by dave »

Offline MikeA

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 10:05:45 PM »
Some people need to get a sense of humor.  The pilot was so rude to say that "we are in america and we speak english here."  When I heard that i thought what the heck, get a sense of humor.  I want to know what John thought or said affter his mic was turned off. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 07:59:14 AM by dave »

Offline TrixieKQ

• Former controller from ZAB & ZBW.
    • Piper Wilson
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2007, 04:07:42 PM »
That pilot was way out of line!!

I haven't been here long and therefore haven't listened to John too much, but I'd bet that his cuter remarks fade out of his phraseology because you simply don't have enough time for the extras.

Offline Pearson

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2007, 12:56:09 PM »
...I'd bet that his cuter remarks fade out of his phraseology because you simply don't have enough time for the extras.

He still gets his mocha hagotdi's, hasta la vista's, and Jet Bluuuue!'s in, even at the busiest of times.

Offline dorishd

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »

He still gets his mocha hagotdi's, hasta la vista's, and Jet Bluuuue!'s in, even at the busiest of times.
[/quote]

Listening to him now, heard mocha hagotdi 10-12 times already, what does that mean, some sort of hello im assuming, but which language?

Offline Unbeliever

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 06:30:58 PM »
Making
Our
Customers
Happy
And

Having
A
Good
Time
Doing
It

http://www.flycapeairjobs.com/MOCHAHAGoTDI.html

--Carlos V.

Offline coolian2

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2007, 08:20:43 PM »
This morning - my time - was easily the best few hours i've heard on liveatc.net

He was on fire!

Offline RobertK

• My site
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007, 09:50:17 AM »
Which UTC time was that so we could find the archive?

Regards,

Robert

Offline coolian2

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2007, 10:17:28 PM »
I started listening at about 2100GMT.

I'd say he'd been on for a bit before then.

Offline RobertK

• My site
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007, 04:26:31 AM »
Thanks very much, I shall do the downloading immediately. :)

Regards,

Robert

Offline dorishd

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »
2130 GMT is when he really gets into his good mood

"Its all about mocha hagotdi" He draws it out for about 5 seconds on several occasions. On the way into or leaving Boston, Pilots must hope he is on Duty!!!

Offline aviator_06

• FSFlightSchool.com - Student Pilot Resources | Aviation Videos
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 09:29:43 AM »
I guess that pilot was having a really bad day. To quote Eric Cartman, "someone has some sand in his vagina" :-D
LMAO, good quote. Very True.

Offline w67

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 07:07:07 AM »

This continental pilot wouldn't like that :

CHICAGO ATC  Conga Line Vectory

:mrgreen:

Offline NAplaya16-ATC

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 01:20:05 AM »
haha that pilot sounds like he would be alotta fun to fly with!!!!

that dude obviously takes flyin way too serious, he seriously needs to get a life!!!

Offline minetruly

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 12:57:05 AM »
The pilot's all defensive because he got confused.

I've never heard a more bewildered "Say again??"

Offline air727

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 04:57:56 AM »
The pilot had a bug up his ass. What an asshole!

You don't mistreat controllers.

Words to live by.

Offline jmp1500

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 11:09:24 PM »
Binky wrote:

.......Having a sense of humor is one thing and so is being professional on the air.

And in my opinion Boston John successfully does both. 

I'm not in ATC but I'm on the air professionally as an emergency services dispatcher, something I've been doing for the last 16 years (and still waiting for it to become a 'job').  I truly believe from listening to all the Boston John archives here that he truly loves his job as well.

While dispatching PD/FD/EMS units doesn't have the same repitition to it as a tower controller position does I do have my own 'style' while on the air.  It doesn't delay getting a call out, it doesn't offend anyone (that I've ever been told in 16 years anyway), and it's not juvenile or immature.  My officers (and FD and EMS members) have told me they enjoy when I'm on the desk. 

I can't, don't want to, and could care less about that pilot.  If he was that callous and rude to make that statement then he has a lot more to learn about how to deal with people.  I wonder what his PA announcements to his passengers are like........... :-D

Offline KTVC10/28

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2008, 10:55:10 PM »
In My Opinion, this pilots' comment is representative of a particular political point of view, that I'll stay away from for the purpose of this post. The fact that he is departing a city that speaks every single language in the world, and has people living in it from every single nation in the world is completely lost on him..

In short, he's a dumb.. Sure, he can operate an aircraft, and he can run the numbers and all, but at the end of the day, his point of view that America is an English only country, points to a strong possibility that he is just plain stupid... The world revolves around HIM and he's not smart enough to observe what actually goes on around him..

I would have made an excuse to slow him down big time but Boston John is a better man than I..

Ivan...............................

Offline JayDub

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2008, 01:50:05 AM »
The world revolves around HIM and he's not smart enough to observe what actually goes on around him..
That statement describes about 40% of the airline pilots I've ever dealt with.  :)

Offline cmdtmarcelo

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 09:21:16 AM »
poor man this continental pilot (in small letters). Congrat Boston John (in big letters).

Offline Jambone

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »
I guess that pilot was having a really bad day. To quote Eric Cartman, "someone has some sand in his vagina" :-D

LMAO  :-D

Offline wildbilla

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2008, 03:15:33 PM »
Hello everyone!! My first post, really enjoy the site.

I heard this comment from a pilot telling controller John to “speak English” after his standard “Asta La Vista”. What a jerk!!!  :x

Just listen to the finally 30 seconds of the archive clip on January 31 (21:00 – 21:30) on the KBOS (TOWER). After the statement you hear 10 seconds of silence then another pilot tells John that he likes it.