airtraffic

Author Topic: Who's the controller here?  (Read 32133 times)

Offline IndyTower

Who's the controller here?
« on: July 14, 2005, 11:47:34 AM »
Heard this when going through ZID archives looking for my friend's flight.  Can't quite figure out what the situation was...all I can think of is that the aircraft was transmitting on two freqs and one of the controllers thought he had control of the flight but didn't...therefore two controllers responded and didn't hear each other.  Or possibly one controller was training another and the trainer corrected the trainee.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 03:01:25 PM by IndyTower »

Offline davolijj

• MMAC ARSR OKC
Who's the Controller
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:28:56 PM »
Sounds to me like a D/C and an OJT instructor.  The developmental wasn't aware that the instructor approved the request.  That's my take on it anyway.

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 02:45:18 PM »
That was probably the case. My take is that it sounds like they were getting ready to combine up two sectors. And the guy on the closing sector answered to the Midex pilot and forgot that they had already combined up.

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 03:41:49 PM »
Never thought about that.  It was early in the morning and traffic was starting to pick up.  So possibly it was that the sectors had previously been combined and they were splitting them at the time.  Thanks for the input!

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 06:17:20 PM »
Quote from: PHL_Approach
That was probably the case. My take is that it sounds like they were getting ready to combine up two sectors. And the guy on the closing sector answered to the Midex pilot and forgot that they had already combined up.

That's it.  Was pretty interesting to listen to though  :lol: