Author Topic: Class C Confusion  (Read 11953 times)

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
Class C Confusion
« on: February 21, 2006, 08:36:53 PM »
Sanford (KSFB) went from Class D to Class C last week.  There's still some confusion and coordination problems.  Here's a small sample from today.  There are three different clips I spliced together - the annoying tone separates them.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Re: Class C Confusion
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 08:58:40 PM »
Quote from: Biff
Sanford (KSFB) went from Class D to Class C last week.  There's still some confusion and coordination problems.  Here's a small sample from today.  There are three different clips I spliced together - the annoying tone separates them.

Pure airspace confusion at its truest state.  ...brings back memories about this: http://www.natca.org/mediacenter/pressreleasedetail.asp?id=359 where the FAA "forgot" to tell controllers in the Northeast about new routes into Florida that totally screwed up Miami controllers.

Not to get off topic, but here is a brilliant quote I read on John Carr's (President of NATCA) blog: The Main Bang just a few days ago: "The only difference between the FAA and the Titanic is the Titanic had a band."

There are just too many problems to list, but this is just one example of the FAA's failed effort/attempt to increase safety and effeciency (if that was even their true goal [or not]).

Thanks for posting the clip,
Jason