airtraffic

Author Topic: Caribbean Airlines 526 JFK Runway Incursion vs JetBlue 1295  (Read 12545 times)

Offline dorough

Caribbean Airlines 526 JFK Runway Incursion vs JetBlue 1295
« on: January 18, 2015, 10:41:08 PM »
NEW YORK -- A JetBlue plane had to abort a takeoff at Kennedy International Airport when another aircraft suddenly crossed the runway, the airlines said Sunday. JetBlue spokesman Rick Clark said Flight 1295 to Austin, Texas, was cleared for takeoff on Saturday evening and rolling down the tarmac at full speed when the pilot was forced to put on the brakes. Clark said there were no injuries. The JetBlue plane returned to the gate and took off for Austin three hours late. Clark said he doesn't know exactly how close the two planes were. JetBlue officials said Caribbean Airways Flight 526 crossed the runway without authorization. No one was immediately available for comment at Caribbean Airways. The Federal Aviation Authority did not immediately respond to a call seeking comment.

Offline ashawley

Re: Caribbean Airlines 526 JFK Runway Incursion vs JetBlue 1295
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 04:22:55 PM »
Turns out this happened at 10:30p local time.  Presumably, 9p was mentioned in the news story because it was the flight's scheduled departure time.

There is a communication with Caribbean 526 on the ground frequency after the incident.  JetBlue 1295 also got help taxxing back to ramp as well.  It would be great to incorporate these in to a recording.

Thanks for sharing,
Aaron

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!

Offline Greg1963

Re: Caribbean Airlines 526 JFK Runway Incursion vs JetBlue 1295
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 02:37:55 AM »
Hello

I'm new to this site.

Can anyone tell me how I can find out the outcome of the investigation into this incident?

Greg
news.glb@gmail.com