Author Topic: BOS Helicopter Traffic  (Read 11289 times)

Offline N628PW

BOS Helicopter Traffic
« on: April 11, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »
I was curious where I could find the helicopter feeds for the traffic over fenway during opening day. (04/06) and the Wednesday game. It'd be interesting to hear, there was 2 circling very closely.

Offline djmwx2

Re: BOS Helicopter Traffic
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 12:22:01 AM »
Boston Tower regulates the traffic over that area but you would have to catch it between departures/arrives on the two tower frequencies (there are three tower frequencies including the Boston Skyways frequency).  I have heard Metro1, 2, etc, and Fox 25 helicopter during rush hour requesting clearance into the airspace.

They may also have a separate frequency for helicopters that they use to talk between each other.  I have heard helicopter pilots again during rush hour times mention that they are talking to the other pilot on another frequency.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 03:17:54 AM »
This is covered by Boston Tower on 124.725, according to Airnav. This frequency is on covered on the Boston Tower feed.

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:10:30 AM »
Boston Skyways is also included in the quiet Boston Delta Ramp Feed...that would be a better archive to retrieve.

Offline N628PW

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »
I found the "Boston Ramp" feed in the archive. Is this the same as the Boston "Delta" Ramp Feed? It's the only Ramp archive there