Author Topic: ATC question  (Read 56049 times)

Offline Boston flyer

ATC question
« on: September 19, 2005, 12:18:19 PM »
does anyone know of any websites where u can simulate ATC thats realistic.?Or does anyone know of any sites where u can be an ATC in FS2004?

Offline tyketto

Re: ATC question
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:29:19 PM »
Quote from: Boston flyer
does anyone know of any websites where u can simulate ATC thats realistic.?Or does anyone know of any sites where u can be an ATC in FS2004?

Try VATSIM. http://www.vatsim.net

BL.

Mike Catalfamo

ATC question
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 04:06:52 PM »
VATSIM is your best bet. If you need any help getting started, feel free to shoot me an e-mail at pwapilot(at)cox.net.

Offline Jay

ATC question
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 05:57:49 PM »

Offline d-abva

ATC question
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 03:33:17 AM »

Offline KPryor

ATC question
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 04:01:04 PM »
I'm curious about the quality of the various ATC simulators.  I'm aware of one other one, ATC Simulator 2 at http://www.atcsimulator.com/ but don't know much about it.  Does anyone here know which of the ones mentioned in this thread might be the best?
It appears you can by an old version of ATC Simulator 2 from the site at a significantly lower price and then upgrade it to the newest version.  If it's a good program, it seems like a good deal.
KP

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
ATC question
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 04:37:18 PM »
I bought ATC Sim 2 and regret it.  It looked like a great program before I hit the purchase button in Paypal.  It is tedious and takes many many hours to perfect it.  You have to edit a lot of things to make it realistic and the voice recognition could take you years and you still could have problems with it.  These are my personal feelings on the product which I believe you asked for  :D  8)

Offline KPryor

ATC question
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 04:39:21 PM »
Thanks Jason, I do appreciate the feedback.  I've read some other comments on various sites that ATC Sim is not very good, but have no experience with it.
I thought I'd give the one at Xavius.com a try and see how I liked it.  I'd like to become a VATSIM controller, but honestly just don't have the time to devote to it right now.
KP

Offline msk1172

ATC question
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 05:25:13 PM »
Quote from: HPNPilot1200
I bought ATC Sim 2 and regret it.  It looked like a great program before I hit the purchase button in Paypal.  It is tedious and takes many many hours to perfect it.  You have to edit a lot of things to make it realistic and the voice recognition could take you years and you still could have problems with it.  These are my personal feelings on the product which I believe you asked for  :D  8)

I concur.  

Mike

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
ATC question
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 05:49:23 PM »
Quote from: msk1172

I concur.  

Mike

Reminds me of the movie, "Catch Me if You Can"  :lol:

Offline PHL Approach

ATC question
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 09:36:19 PM »

I second Jason on this one, it's not worth the money. Even though the price has dropped, the STARS setup is way off. The default settings for arrival and departure flows for the airports are way off. It takes a few days to match everything up to the RW. And the Speech Recognition is to slow and very hard to teach. I will continue to wait for the ultimate sim ATCC 2.0.

EJ

Offline KPryor

ATC question
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 10:54:51 PM »
ATCC looks interesting.  I downloaded ver. 1 and am going to play with it a bit.  From reading in their forum, there doesn't appear to be any set timetable for version 2 to arrive.
KP

Offline danielvs

ATC question
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 04:46:47 PM »
In my opinion, ATCC is the best free ATC simulator. Version 2 will be even better, with many new features. However, I've been waiting the release of this version for more than 2 years already...  :cry:

Offline bschott

ATC question
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 08:30:47 PM »
Vatsim I think is the best free sim  for atc :P

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
ATC question
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 11:31:49 PM »
VATSIM is great (especially with events)

ATCC2 is going to be very interesting....many virtual controllers are anxious as to the release date of the product.

Offline KPryor

ATC question
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 11:47:07 PM »
Quote from: bschott
Vatsim I think is the best free sim  for atc :P

I'd really like to be a VATSIM controller someday, but I just don't have the time to devote to it right now.
KP

Offline bschott

ATC question
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 04:55:04 AM »
I passed my test and finally am controlling in the midwest!

God it's fun as all heck! I think I missed my calling in life.

Offline Boston flyer

ATC question
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 04:40:49 PM »
ive tried vatsim....i am having many problems regitering on the website...i cant figure it out