Author Topic: Anyone get the audio of the SR20 crash in NYC?  (Read 15246 times)

Offline purdue1014

Anyone get the audio of the SR20 crash in NYC?
« on: October 11, 2006, 05:17:47 PM »
Anyone?  My condolences to the families who lost loved ones......

Offline Kiel McGowan

• http://www.empirelacrossecamp.com
Re: Anyone get the audio of the SR20 crash in NYC?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 10:01:28 PM »
You can hear the aftermath on LGA tower feed at about 20 minutes in to the 18:30z feed you hear the tower controller hold all departures.   Shortly after an american pilot asks why, controller responds "I am not at liberty to say" another pilot or american i couldn't tell says "please tell us" and the controller responds "Not now gentleman".  Following that most of the planes ask for a shutdown of their engines to save on fuel, by the end of the clip they still dont have release.  7 minutes into the next clip the startup order is issued and all starts to flow again.

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 05:08:29 AM »
Sorry for the audio, the program i used to edit was making it a bit muffled.

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:11:09 PM »
Anyone?  My condolences to the families who lost loved ones......

It's highly doubtful that anyone has the audio taken from the discreet VFR frequencies used in the VFR corridors, since those frequencies are not monitored on this site. 

As a reminder, aircraft at and below 1,100 feet in those corridors do not talk to ATC; rather, the pilots self-announce on one of two discreet frequencies used to help pilots stay away from each other in the corridors.

However, if LiveATC.net still has a Teterboro feed, you should be able to find the audio of the aircraft's departure from Teterboro.  You would need to check yesterday's date and both the 14:00-14:30 (local time, or 18:00-18:30z) and 14:30-15:00 archives, since the Cirrus lifted off TEB around 14:30.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:32:14 PM »
Thanks for the capture, fryy.  That's a powerful clip; especially when the pilot says "please tell us".  Those crews must've had some terrible things going through their minds.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 07:16:31 PM by Olivia »

Offline RatOmeter

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 02:28:40 PM »
"if LiveATC.net still has a Teterboro feed..."

KTEB is listed, but it appears to have been down for quite a while.