airtraffic

Author Topic: Anybody have the audio clip of the slow clearance given to a woman pilot by JFK  (Read 25727 times)

Offline moto400ex

Im looking for the audio clip that was on here that had kennedy clearance reading a clearance
back to a woman pilot really slow

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
Is this the one?

Offline moto400ex

yes thank you very much where was it?

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
I searched for it in the audio clips section but couldnt find it, i had it saved on my comp so I just uploaded it.

Offline PHL Approach

One can only assume it was taken down for a reason...

Offline bcrosby

• Fly With Blake
Im looking for the audio clip that was on here that had kennedy clearance reading a clearance
back to a woman pilot really slow

Thats funny, because I was searching for it on Friday, and couldn't find it either.

Blake

Offline philip

He was HORRIBLE [mod-question removed].  I think she should have said it twice as slow as him just to annoy him.  I heard laughing in the tower.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 06:36:13 PM by Jason »

Offline Acey

His words dripped with sarcasm and I think it was a little unnecessary to talk like that on what was probably a very busy frequency. There was no need to really embarass the lady; I know she probably instantly regretted not writing the clearance down but you can bet she was ready to write it down all the fixes and airways the second time around.

Offline AirKevin

Wow. I've never heard of an ATC clearance that was 88 seconds long.

Offline robyul1

wow that was brutal, if i were to fly into JFK, i think i would argue with that guy almost every time...the sarcasm kills me, it was excrutiating to listen to this guy read that slow. 

Offline canuck101

What a tool  :roll:

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
wow that was brutal, if i were to fly into JFK, i think i would argue with that guy almost every time...the sarcasm kills me, it was excrutiating to listen to this guy read that slow. 

Hes a New Yorker, what do ya expect?  :-D :-D

Sometimes we like to pick on people heh

Offline kurrent

this is one of the most painful clips i have ever listened to lol

nothing like JFK

Offline lostmoon

She should have read it back equally slow and replete with sarcasm.

Offline glideslope

Hes a New Yorker, what do ya expect?  :-D :-D

Sometimes we like to pick on people heh

Yea right. Thank God for the Red Sox. The ATC was a Pig.

Offline ATCBob

He's not being sarcastic because he's a jerk, he's just annoyed and rightfully so. Too many GA pilots don't use proper phraseology and think "close enough" readbacks are okay. No, you have to be EXACT. You can't say "yea, we got that" or "right, I meant IND, not FWA" in a full route clearance, you have to use proper phraseology and read it back EXACTLY as cleared. She probably did it wrong 3 times in a row and we can't release you until you have read it back correctly. That's why we do it ONE more time verrrrrrrry slowly so the pilot has no excuse not to write it down and read it back verbatim. If they still don't get it after that, they will probably be asked to call in.

And don't dare try being sarcastic to the controller after screwing up your readback and tying up the frequency. At best you will get "hold for release" and your strip will mysteriously fall behind the console, or you will be asked to call in and will have to justify why your ticket shouldn't get pulled seeing that you have enormous problems reading back a simple clearance.

But if you're low-time or a student and are worried about being slow, just put "student" or "low time IFR" or "unfamiliar with area" in the remarks when you file and we'll be very accomodating. If you don't, you're expected to know your phraseology, know the main fixes in the area, know the SIDs, and definitely know how to read back a clearance.

On the other hand if a controller is being an a-hole, ask for "a phone number to the supervisor." If he gets really nice suddenly, he knows he was wrong. If he's still arrogant, he knows his supe will back him, so don't actually call in but just make him sweat!

Offline athaker

Looks like this is contrary to your guys' thoughts, but I don't feel like this had complete malicious intent behind it.  this controller often has some interesting "speaking rates," on either end of the spectrum....fast or slow, the latter usually when he's on clearance delivery. 

Also, listening to him in the past, he's not one to dispense roundabout or sly criticism.  if you're doing something wrong or you're annoying him, he says it straight, and you definitely know it.  he might have just been bored.

or yea, it could have been some new york humor.  having lived there most of my life and still having all my family back there, hearing this made me smile.  reminds me of a t-shirt i saw a guy selling outside of yankee stadium (eff the red sox).  said "Welcome to New York.            Now go home."

In other words, we don't truly know, so i'm not going to judge the person, and instead i'll just take from this some entertainment.  this is why a lot of us make jfk such a popular feed, right?

Offline KSYR-pjr

Too many GA pilots don't use proper phraseology and think "close enough" readbacks are okay. No, you have to be EXACT.

It ain't just GA.   There are many airline pilots who also screw up communications.  You should have heard the exchange I once witnessed between Syracuse Ground and a (most likely) right seater of a Dash 8.  The pilot had a very hard time with the taxi and hold short instruction and the two of them tied up the frequency through at least five exchanges while the pilot continually used incorrect taxiways in his taxi route and failed to include his hold short instruction.   It was almost comical it was so bad. 

With regard to the clip that is the subject of this thread, wasn't the pilot who botched the clearance an airline pilot?  I am going from memory here but I thought she was.

Offline moto400ex

Ive heard him on ground and tower as well as clearance delivery. I think its pretty hard to tell when they work as there schedules continuously change. 

Offline A_J_D_C

just been listening to some clips and im tellin ya. its the same controller as in the all famous gnd clip JFK GND, with the once apon a time all fav controller Arnie. and imwith the other guy, his not being sarcastic, he has a job to do and his covering his butt!