Air Traffic Monitoring > Aviation Audio Clips

Antonov 124 In Philly

(1/3) > >>

JALTO:
Yesterday morning while my wife and I were headed out to our car we heard something very loud....this was our conversation.

Me..."What the heck is that and where is it?"

Her..."I don't know...maybe military?"

Me...."It sounds like there is a 747 on our roof"

Her..."Holy Sh*t....what is that?"

The Antonov was so low that we could not see it until it was right over head where it was turning final for RWY 27R in Philly.  She had her camera in her bag so I grabbed it out quickly and took some shots...one came out OK so I attached it.  As the Philly fans know the A330/A340 and the occasional UPS 747 during the holidays is as about as much excitement as we get so I was really pumped to see this plane over head. 

Flight aware had the plane heading from Zarzis which is in Tunisia (I had to Wikipedia that) and then off to Pope AFB.  I've attached some of the tower feed with the post as well.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VDA1779/history/20070102/1218Z/DTTJ/KPHL

-Jalto

PHL Approach:
Yea it's pretty exciting when they come in. One is flown in every 3 months or so. They are carrying V-22 Opsrey fuselages that will then be put on trucks to the Delco Boeing facility for final assembly.

IndyTower:
Of course the 2 days I have off I miss it.  ;)  Though I did get to see it depart a few weeks ago.

phlcontroller:
One flew in today about 1pm. I left the facility at 2:30, did'nt bother to ask the pilot when he was leaving. Would have been a nice picture though. We were on our SAPR2 operation, he landed 27L which puts him abeam the tower on short final.

IndyTower:
From where I am in the ramp tower, I can get good shots of 27R arrivals.  I may have to leave my post and head to the other side of the tower if one departs in the next few days.  Luckily I'll see him leave from over by Atlantic Aviation if he starts taxing out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version