airtraffic

Author Topic: Another problem from Scottsdale (KSDL)  (Read 11773 times)

Offline GeoffSM1

Another problem from Scottsdale (KSDL)
« on: October 11, 2015, 06:11:33 PM »
I think it best I refrain from adding a comment about this one!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:13:10 PM by GeoffSM1 »

Offline VASAviation

• REAL ATC Transcripted Videos
Re: Another problem from Scottsdale (KSDL)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 06:51:21 AM »
Sounds like N5191U, a C206, had intermittent or complete radio transmission failure coming in to SDL. It was apparently so bad in the beginning that the controller actually kicked him out of the Delta until he got it sorted out. Pilot eventually landed and taxied to parking. During (or shortly after) the taxi, the pilot can be heard talking to ground just fine and even gets a 5/5 radio check from tower after switching back over.

Appreciate this! :-D :-D

Offline GeoffSM1

Re: Another problem from Scottsdale (KSDL)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »
I think it best I refrain from adding a comment about this one!
Why, so that the rest of us have to download and listen to the 5min clip just to get an idea of what it contains? Gee... thanks, you're too kind.  :roll:

Sounds like N5191U, a C206, had intermittent or complete radio transmission failure coming in to SDL. It was apparently so bad in the beginning that the controller actually kicked him out of the Delta until he got it sorted out. Pilot eventually landed and taxied to parking. During (or shortly after) the taxi, the pilot can be heard talking to ground just fine and even gets a 5/5 radio check from tower after switching back over.

Clearly I need to explain why I didn't feel it appropriate to make a comment.

What drew my attention to the exchange was the fact that it was apparent when the pilot was talking to Ground after parking up that he had been using the wrong frequency for his attempts to communicate with the Tower! (You do not mention this aspect in your summary Brad G.) I was assuming this was the main reason for the problem, or at least a contributory factor, and if it was, it doesn't reflect well on those involved.