Author Topic: Alpine Aviation Fun Air to Air Conversation  (Read 19709 times)

Offline LORm

• blue ball machines are fun.
Alpine Aviation Fun Air to Air Conversation
« on: August 24, 2005, 04:47:42 AM »
Alpine Aviation took over the interisland US Postal Contract from Corporate Air just about a year ago. They fly Beach 99s.

While searching the VHF airband for new frequencies that may have popped up I found a frequency that their pilots like to use to chat between aircraft.

I managed to find their "chat frequency" (Not the remote pacific air to air frequency) and have been enjoying their totally carefree conversations for a few days now.

Usually multiple aircraft of their fleet are in the air during the evening hours and I suppose the pilots themselves took the liberty of finding an "unused and unknown" area of the spectrum. These guys have great conversations to each other!

Here is one of the funniest candid transmissions yet that I've managed to archive...! :lol: Needless to say late at night I keep them on priority frequency.

Note: These aircraft were in cruise and to my knowledge not near traffic or PHNL Bravo Airspace.

Aloha,
LorM

Offline Cessna172

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 10:43:04 PM »
Nice clip. Do you remember what the exact freq was? I have always wondered how you find an open freq on a cross country flying formation. Do you have to go thru a FSDO (Flight Standards District Office)? What are your thoughts?

Cessna172
Home Airport: West Houston Airport (KIWS)
www.westhoustonairport.com

illini52

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 11:39:24 PM »
Quote from: Cessna172
Nice clip. Do you remember what the exact freq was? I have always wondered how you find an open freq on a cross country flying formation. Do you have to go thru a FSDO (Flight Standards District Office)?

122.75 & 122.85
It's in the FAR/AIM

Offline Cessna172

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 03:06:32 PM »
Oh...Thanks!!

I didn't even think to look in there. I have a current 2006 edition, I just didn't even think about that.

I read a good article in "Kitplanes" magazine about 3 or 4 months ago about a cross-country trip touring Alaska. I think 3 Glasairs flew in formation. However, the mag didn't mention anything at all about comms.

Thanks!!

Cessna172
Home Airport: West Houston Airport (KIWS)
www.westhoustonairport.com

Offline ozziecat35

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 09:44:53 AM »
One of the funniest things to listen to is pilots talking shop. There'll be days I head to the airfield even if I'm not flying, just to hang out at the aero club.

Offline n57flyguy

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »
I want to work for Alpine now!!! That was a great clip thanks for sharing.