airtraffic

Author Topic: Alaska 881 Oakland to Kahului - Struck flock of geese on takeoff.  (Read 12873 times)

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
Alaska 881 Oakland to Kahului - Struck flock of geese on takeoff.
« on: September 25, 2011, 03:57:10 PM »
Hawaii bound Alaska 881 returns back to Oakland Airport after striking a flock of geese on takeoff this morning.

Attached are two clips:

First clip consists of tower / ground comms with Airport 10, Airport 11, Rescue 6, and Rescue 1 emergency vehicles on frequency.

The second clip is NORCAL departure/arrival with ATC vectoring Alaska 881 back to the airport.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA881/history/20110925/1415Z/KOAK/KOAK

There are a few cool one liners. Grab a hot coffee and enjoy the clips. :-)

Ken

Offline flyflyfly

Re: Alaska 881 Oakland to Kahului - Struck flock of geese on takeoff.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »
First clip consists of tower / ground comms with Airport 10, Airport 11, Rescue 6, and Rescue 1 emergency vehicles on frequency.
Grab a hot coffee and enjoy the clips. :-)

Pity for the geese - but nice recording and good work!
You mixed different com frequencies on the center/right/left audio channels, right?
Thanks!

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »
Grab a hot coffee and enjoy the clips. :-)

Pity for the geese - but nice recording and good work!
You mixed different com frequencies on the center/right/left audio channels, right?
Thanks!

Thanks! Wish I had a discrete "center" channel, but in this case I combined left and right audio channels along with two other feeds. Some of my feeds like KOAK and KOAK (Departure) are set up with separate left and right channels of audio. This gives me 2 separate audio tracks on 1 feed which handles beautifully in audacity.

On a side note, my iPod doesn't have a left and right slider control so it can be confusing hearing both channels at once. But, Windows Media Player and Winamp do have the left/right slider controls so you can choose what "side" you want to hear.

Offline lipkinasl

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 11:04:21 AM »
Nice job! 
"Looks like we were hunting without a licence - hilarious!!