airtraffic

Author Topic: Air France Fl 358 accident in Toronto  (Read 22302 times)

Offline ggransden

Air France Fl 358 accident in Toronto
« on: April 20, 2006, 11:07:08 AM »
Would anyone know where I could find an audio archive or complete transcript of the ATC chatter for the Air France flight 358 accident in Toronto last year?

Offline Hobbyist

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:28:09 PM »
Yes. I would like to know the person who has the clip for the Air France accident. I,ve heard about it on the national and local news. They also heard about it on Flight Attendant School which is a series on the Travel channel. Thanks.

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 12:50:13 PM »
As I recall, there really wasn't much in the way of interesting audio related to the specific aircraft.  The only communications we all heard on the Toronto approach feed here were standard IFR communications, as in "Air France XXX, cleared for ILS rwy XXX, etc."

The interesting audio came right after the crash, when Toronto Approach remarked that an aircraft had just gone off the runway and that the airport was temporarily closed.  This resulted in a 747, at least one or two aircraft behind the AF aircraft on the apoproach, to have to go missed and then to declare a low fuel emergency.

The clips are in this forum.  Search for them or scroll back to the date of the accident to find them.

Offline IndyTower

Offline Paul Heaney

Re: Air France Fl 358 accident in Toronto
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 03:17:25 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I have the a few hours, around the time of the crash archived here.  Will cut and paste it when I have some time.

Offline osos97

Re: Air France Fl 358 accident in Toronto
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 03:54:56 PM »
I ve got it on cd. At least the approach and as well the fuel emergency of the KLM flt diverted to syr. Lenght is about 25 min. As it is my first time on this forum i think I d need a little help from the pros. Thanks