Author Topic: Air Force One landing and departing KABE  (Read 14341 times)

Offline jeffcyn

Air Force One landing and departing KABE
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:37:36 PM »
I had an opportunity to witness the landing of Air Force One on Friday December 4.  It was really awesome to see such a magnificent aircraft landing!!  Especially since it was landing on only a 7600 foot runway!!!  I did not have a chance to witness the takeoff but I'm sure she used all available runway!  :-D

I was able to listen to the approach and tower live.  I pulled the archives and put together the landing and departure.  Before the takeoff there was some contact from a helicopter, not sure if it's State Police or Military, asking for control of the airport.  I keep this in the file.  They must have been clearing the departure end of the runway.

Below is a cropped photo from my small camera of the landing approach and a still capture from the video I shot.

Offline jeffcyn

Re: Air Force One landing and departing KABE
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 10:52:34 PM »
Here is a link to the video I took of the landing from short final:  .  Sorry if the video is not so good as I was trying to watch!

Offline aviator_06

• FSFlightSchool.com - Student Pilot Resources | Aviation Videos
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 09:38:44 PM »
I got a picture with AF1 a couple years ago when President Bush came into town.

Offline cptbrw

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure the helicopter you referred to (Huntsman) is Secret Service or military assigned to AF1 as I have heard them at a variety of AF1 ops.

Offline MikeMuHo

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 08:28:45 AM »
Isnt it so that Air Force One transmits on a different frequency range than "normal" traffic, noone should really know when the president is out flying there.