Author Topic: AA 1561 ORD to SFO - man tries to enter cockpit  (Read 16050 times)

Offline ORD Don

AA 1561 ORD to SFO - man tries to enter cockpit
« on: May 10, 2011, 12:41:31 AM »

This is the Sunday night (May 8) incident where a man with a Yemen passport began pounding

on the cockpit door. The American 737 landed safely in San Fran about 9:10 PM local time.

Not too much to hear, but the edited clip is from KSFO Norcal SFA Arrival 0330 - about 8:50-8:53 PM local time.

Can anyone make out what is being said at the end of the clip ?

Offline ORD Don

Re: AA 1561 ORD to SFO - man tries to enter cockpit
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 12:57:42 AM »

P.S.  The man was determined to be mentally unstable and there is no indication that this

was terror related.

The smiley face was a typo (?).  Needless to say, I don't find anything about this amusing !

alltheway

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:42:17 PM »
Pilot: Oakland American 1561...

Pilot: unintelligeble, 250 knot and need pri-ority handling on arrival
Pilot: Have a passenger conflict here
Controller: Ok, thanks
Pilot: American 1561... We land as soon as possible eeh at San Fransisco and eh, can we get leave the speed at ??

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!

Offline ChristopherT

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 04:33:04 PM »

The smiley face was a typo (?).  Needless to say, I don't find anything about this amusing !

If he wrote May Eighth (the day it happened) as the number over the U and I
keys and a comma, he may have accidently trigged a smiley.  I've had it happen on other websites and I'm going to try it now....   May 8, 2011 

Christopher

Offline incebums

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »

If he wrote May Eighth (the day it happened) as the number over the U and I
keys and a comma, he may have accidently trigged a smiley.  I've had it happen on other websites and I'm going to try it now....   May 8, 2011 

Christopher

Almost, it's the 8 and a closing bracket.

alltheway

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 04:59:23 AM »

This is the Sunday night (May 8) incident where a man with a Yemen passport began pounding

on the cockpit door. The American 737 landed safely in San Fran about 9:10 PM local time.

Not too much to hear, but the edited clip is from KSFO Norcal SFA Arrival 0330 - about 8:50-8:53 PM local time.

Can anyone make out what is being said at the end of the clip ?

8)
 8-)

Offline NoMad

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 07:50:42 AM »
When they say he was "subdued" by the passengers and flight attendants, I wonder if that loosely translates to "the passengers and crew promptly beat the crap out of him and hog tied him to a seat for the remainder of the flight"   :-D

Offline ChristopherT

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »

Almost, it's the 8 and a closing bracket.

LOL! I'm not touching them anymore! The report I heard on Fox News was that the man was mentally unstable. Yes...but before or after getting on the aircraft? It's the passport that caught my eye. It's not a late enough flight to be called a redeye, but it was around 9:00 pm on a Sunday evening.  I get the feeling these
"incidents" are tests of our ATC and legal systems!

ChristopherT

Offline ridejumpfly

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »
get relief on the speed at CEDES (fix on the arrival).  He must have been given 11000 and 250kts or something and he wants to stay fast.