airtraffic

Author Topic: 4 Oct: UA839 LAX-SYD Mayday  (Read 4914 times)

Offline tigerheavy

Offline VASAviation

• REAL ATC Transcripted Videos
Re: 4 Oct: UA839 LAX-SYD Mayday
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:22:31 AM »
I've received tons of email during the last few hours so I had to work it as soon as able.

Picked the audio and edited the video with the radar. Special congrats to that Approach controller.

Offline VASAviation

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 04:42:19 PM »
In case someone is really interested in ATC, I worked a raw video with the Approach audio only to see how that Approach controller worked all the inbounds.

Radar is included to have a better overview of the airspace he's working. Apparently Sydney just reopened after the night time and the inbounds got too congested. Kudos for that Approacher and both Directors working final vectors.

Offline jedgar

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 04:56:27 PM »
In case someone is really interested in ATC, I worked a raw video with the Approach audio only to see how that Approach controller worked all the inbounds.

Radar is included to have a better overview of the airspace he's working. Apparently Sydney just reopened after the night time and the inbounds got too congested. Kudos for that Approacher and both Directors working final vectors.

The short one was pretty boring, but this one is really interesting, thanks for putting it together, and thanks for the work you do generally, I watch every one of your videos even if I listen to the ATC here first, you do a great job with the radar and CC.

Offline VASAviation

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 05:14:19 PM »
Thank you Jedgar, I really appreciate your words.

I'm usually forced to trim so much audio since most of my audience is only interested in the emergency itself. However, I felt like I had to edit this raw video to show the amazing work that's behind the frequency - how well coordinated all those controllers are, how congested, crazy but greatly organized the airspace is (and I decided to only display arrivals. Imagine if I had represented departures and cruises overhead) so hopefully that video helps everyone understand that aviation is teamwork and there's so much work that's not seen.

I take advantage of my posts here to thank all the feeders. Especially the ones in Australia for this purpose as the majority of them have a great audio quality.

Regards,