Author Topic: 30 apr: Cessna 310G, N2212A, hit a tree or a bird on landing at KGNV  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Carro

I don't know if he struck a tree or a bird. The controller said that he definitely couldn't have hit a tree but the preliminary information from FAA say he did.

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2018/05/cessna-310g-n2212a-incident-occurred.html

Offline Rick108

That's crazy!  It sounds like whatever he hit, it was on short final.  There are no trees near the approach end of 11, at least close enough in that he could have hit them (unless he was really dragging it in at 50' the last half mile).  I also wonder what caused the controller to tell him to go around - he must have seen something.  Hitting a "bird" just sounds so much more plausible than hitting a "tree" though.  I hope more info get posted on this one...

Offline Carro

In real time it is 36 seconds between the controller tells him to go around and he ask him what his intentions are when he is on the ground. It is 15 seconds between the landing clearance and he ask him on the ground. I posted a new one with that part uncut. I also hope we will get more information.

Offline eagle21

GNV tower always so sassy... like wtf man he said "negative we've struck something" and rudely said "go around" again, and then proceeded to sass him on the ground at first. I've also experienced his sass first hand; he asked us to enter a right base for runway 7 I believe it was, and we were basically on a downwind heading but at least a good few miles from the pattern. He started reprimanding us because upon being instructed to enter right base we continued on our heading (in order to be able to enter base...). apparently he wanted us to read his mind and swing wayyyy out to the south in order to be on a 1,000-mile right base I guess.