Air Traffic Monitoring > Aviation Audio Clips

28 DEC 2021 0315Z: Aircraft Crash, El Cajon CA (near KSEE/KSAN)

<< < (2/5) > >>

Capt LiL:
Looking at the RING videos it looked like there was some kind of ground fog. The weather was MVFR at the time. The crash occurred at 0314Z.

KSEE 280355Z VRB05KT 3SM BR SCT011 BKN020 11/09 A2996
KSEE 280255Z VRB05KT 3SM BR BKN020 OVC026 10/08 A2998

I wonder what the experience of the two pilots were.

So sad.

bob_stl:
Wow! And he could have just landed on 17 coming straight in. Sad.

Fryy/Avocadoflight:
Looks like its a registered air ambulance, I am curious if it was all crew or if they had a patient on board..? Very sad all around regardless.

Duffy:
what happened to the archived 0300 segment of KSEE Dec 28 which had the entire 30 min audio stream.  All that's left now are the "oh shit" screams prior to impact?  Who took this down and reposted it with only the screams? 

And..this is their company procedure...to shoot the RNAV approach to runway 17, which is too short (3700') for them to land on, and then cancel IFR, and circle in VFR conditions to 27R.  The approach does not allow circling to land, which is why they cancelled their IFR clearance.  Didn't work this time however.

Fryy/Avocadoflight:

--- Quote from: Duffy on December 28, 2021, 01:11:11 PM ---what happened to the archived 0300 segment of KSEE Dec 28 which had the entire 30 min audio stream.  All that's left now are the "oh shit" screams prior to impact?  Who took this down and reposted it with only the screams? 

And..this is their company procedure...to shoot the RNAV approach to runway 17, which is too short (3700') for them to land on, and then cancel IFR, and circle in VFR conditions to 27R.  The approach does not allow circling to land, which is why they cancelled their IFR clearance.  Didn't work this time however.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure which one you're referring to with only screams, I still see the full 1 minute audio attached from the tower check-in until the crash.

The audio archive for KSEE for 0300z is also still available: https://www.liveatc.net/archive.php?m=ksee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version