Air Traffic Monitoring > Aviation Audio Clips

28 DEC 2021 0315Z: Aircraft Crash, El Cajon CA (near KSEE/KSAN)

<< < (3/5) > >>

bob_stl:
The full transmission is on the Tower/Del/GND recording. I did the same thing and first just listened to the Tower recording which is not full.

Duffy:
Yes...ok, there it is on the Twr/Gnd/Del feed.  Strange that on the tower feed recording, only the screams are heard, and none of the preceeding transmissions.

n0qxw:

--- Quote from: Fryy - Avocado Flight on December 28, 2021, 12:56:38 PM ---Looks like its a registered air ambulance, I am curious if it was all crew or if they had a patient on board..? Very sad all around regardless.

--- End quote ---

From the data from Flightaware as gathered near the time of the incident, this flight wasn't tagged as MEDEVAC.  Additionally, looking at flight history, it could be deduced that this aircraft was based at KSEE based on the amount of trips anchored there.  My guess is a positioning flight after a mission.

n0qxw:

--- Quote from: Duffy on December 28, 2021, 02:16:22 PM ---Yes...ok, there it is on the Twr/Gnd/Del feed.  Strange that on the tower feed recording, only the screams are heard, and none of the preceeding transmissions.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that is bizarre, but I think that's an artifact of the stream/streamer.  That specific feed was like that when I was scrubbing for additional data shortly (<30min) after I posted my original file.  I doubt anyone would have gone to the trouble to scrub and re-upload the feed.

n0qxw:
BTW, here's a video from last night from a residence in the area -- I know it's been acquired by multiple local media, but this appears to be the source.  Note the aircraft appears to be REALLY low (like below TPA), and appears to be in a high bank turn.  Sorry I didn't get this out sooner, I was kinda tired here in UTC-7 land.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version