airtraffic

Author Topic: 20 Nov: KLM #KL598 from Capetown to Amsterdam cargo fire warning diversion  (Read 2654 times)

Offline GeoffSM1

The flight diverted to Nice due to a cargo fire warning.

The first section of the audio clip is taken from the Marseille Control Sector K1 archive. At the end of this  section, ATC handed off the aircraft to Nice Approach on 128.2 but this frequency is seemingly not being covered on LiveATC. After a brief silent period, the second section of audio is from the LiveATC Nice Approach archive listed as 124.175. There are no transmissions from the KLM aircraft in this section. Furthermore, there is no related audio available in the Tower feed archive.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:18:38 AM by GeoffSM1 »

Offline kitsaber691

Re: 20 Nov: KLM #KL598 from Capetown to Amsterdam cargo fire warning diversion
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 10:13:10 PM »
Thanks! Saw Twitter chatter about this and was wondering if we had enough coverage in the Côte d'Azur to pick anything up. Does France have any weird laws regarding listening into ATC transmissions? Thought I saw somewhere that was the reason there are no receivers at CDG. Then again, I could just be blabbering on about nothing...

Offline GeoffSM1

Re: 20 Nov: KLM #KL598 from Capetown to Amsterdam cargo fire warning diversion
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 03:27:46 AM »
I can’t claim to be an authority on French legislation but given the number of feeds from France available on here it seems unlikely there is a similar blanket prohibition to what we regrettably have in the UK.